Sunday, May 22, 2011

An Idea

     I was gettin a bit sluggish this winter, and so decided maybe I could write a cookbook lose weight and make some money all at the same time.
     The best way it seemed to me, was just do the opposite of normal. So I decided to only eat stuff that didn't taste good. No ice cream, pizza, steaks, coffee with sugar, etc. So I got a bunch of them little diet TV dinners that stink when you microwave em. Makes writin the cookbook easy too. Doesn't matter what you write in it, because it's suppose to taste bad. Pictures should look good though, to get their hopes up and get them to buy it. They get it home, try it out and everybody wins! They lose weight cause the food tastes bad, I make money cause they bought it, and if I make the book thick with lots of extra pages, they'll need to cut a lot of trees down to make it, so maybe some unemployed loggers go back to work.
     And then I had me a second idea. What if I put salt on ice cream so's it wouldn't taste good? Or mustard on pie. I tried it out with a big bowl of vanilla, and it tasted so bad I threw it out.  Sometimes when you drive up a new road, you take a wrong turn.
     Now ordinarily when I come up with a good idea like this I'd have a cigar and a beer to celebrate. But a fake electrical cigarette and an alcohol-free beer don't really sound like a celebration, so I had me a mint flavored toothpick instead. Tasted kind of good, so I poked myself with it when I was done to even things out.

2 comments:

  1. Your writing is brilliant. I have just stumbled on this blog in the way a guy sometimes trips over a yellowjacket nest when he'd trying to find a private place to relieve himself after drinking too much coffee and having a fight with his wife over a newspaper story about an albino giraffe. It was just that darn good. Keep up the good work, even if it means a shorter life. I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete